Phone: +27 (0) 830 123 543
Phone: +27 (0) 11 377 2198/9
Press Statement, 30 March 2021
NUM TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW AT 11 AM
The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) will convene a press briefing tomorrow (Wednesday 31, March 2021) after its successful national collective bargaining conference held virtually from the 25th to 26th March 2021. Leaders of the NUM will brief the media, elaborating on the following programmes of action:
Venue: NUM Headquarters, 7 Rissik Street - Johannesburg
Time: 10am for 11am
1. Wage negotiations 2021 in the Gold, Energy etc.
2. Vaccination of workers in the sectors NUM is organising with a specific focus on the second phase of the South African vaccination programme
3. Protection of women from retrenchment processes
4. Challenges of pension funds
5. The implications of IPPs on Eskom
6. Growing corruption allegations against ESKOM CEO Andre de Ruyter
7. Supporting the Unity of the ANC.
For more information, please contact:
William Mabapa, NUM Acting General Secretary, 082 880 4439
The National Union of Mineworkers
7 Rissik Street.
Tel: 011 377 2111
Cell: 083 809 3257