Phone: +27 (0) 830 123 543
Phone: +27 (0) 11 377 2198/9
Press statement, 19 July 2018
NUM signed a one year wage agreement with Petra Cullinan Diamond Mine
The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) is pleased to announced it had yesterday, 18 July 2018, signed a substantive one year wage agreement with Petra Cullinan Diamond Mine.
The signed wage agreement is structured as follows:
1. Wage increases in the categories A & B is 8.5%
2. Wage increases in the category C is 7%
3. Living out allowance in categories A & B is R 1 400 per month
4. Housing allowance in category C increased to R2 825 per month
5. Medical Aid in categories A & B is R970 per month
6. Medical Aid in category C is R2 370 per month
7. Company pension fund contribution in the categories A & B is going to be 8.5%
The parties also agreed that there will be an additional salary adjustment for the periods July, August and September 2018. The NUM is pleased that this wage negotiations was amicably concluded without hiccups, it only took two hours to reach an agreement.
The NUM wishes to express its sincere gratitude to its members at Petra Cullinan Diamond Mine for the manner in which they behaved during the negotiation period.
“Our members are excited and they gave us this mandate to sign the agreement,” said William Mabapa, NUM Deputy General Secretary.
For more information, please contact
William Mabapa, NUM Deputy General Secretary, 082 880 4439
The National Union of Mineworkers
7 Rissik Street.
Tel: 011 377 2111
Cell: 083 809 3257